Sunday 24 November 2019

Pretty and shy

Now that my daughter has moved into her new home, I will miss the pretty cottage garden at the house they were renting in New Plymouth while the house was being built.



Although the house was very close to the centre of the city, it was a peaceful and picturesque location with prolific bird life.

From the dining room window:


The view from the back of the house.  Lots of lovely trees.


Monday night was soccer night for Aiden.  Honestly, it looked like thousands of kids scurrying around.  Probably only hundreds but there sure were a lot of them.  I think I was the only one who was impressed by the setting.


I don't plan to be away again between now and Christmas.  It's time to quietly enjoy my Christmas preparations.  

4 comments:

  1. The setting doesn't come much grander than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That backdrop is wonderful, but the children probably don't even notice it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing a mountain from the heart of the city is wonderful to me! That cottage did have a nice location and garden, i'd miss it, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!