Wednesday 18 September 2019

Back down the east coast

After our day trip to the North Cape we had a leisurely all day trip back home via the east coast beaches.  We took the scenic route all the way.




After the horrid weather of the previous day this day was bright and shiney.



Finally, at Paihia in the Bay of Islands, Digby got to touch the water.


We took the ferry from Paihia to Russell.  Digby is a landscape gardener so appreciated the huge old Moreton Bay Fig,  planted in 1870, on the front lawn of Russell's first police station building.



We took a short drive to the Waitangi Golf Club:


We arrived home just as the sun was setting on my hills of home.  And dark clouds were gathering again.


Tired but nothing a cold chicken dinner,  a glass of wine and good company couldn't fix.

10 comments:

  1. I never tire of seeing this country. Pity I never made the effort to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great place to visit, Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. We were there in March this year, our second visit to your lovely country. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, Living here is quite a contrast to living in Mt Isa. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. You live in such a beautiful part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Messymimi, I appreciate the beauty of the countryside and realise I'm lucky to live where I do.

      Delete
  5. I remember our visits and the ferry from Paihia to Russell very well indeed. I must re-visit my blog and re-live those wonderful times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, Graham, I had many reminders of our safaris on this trip. They sure were wonderful times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't get up north very often but it sure is a beautiful part of New Zealand. I love taking the scenic route and have never been disappointed by the scenery in all the years I've been here! I'm so glad you had good weather for your trip.

    I appreciate your link on 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful shots of my favorite things, the beaches. I really miss those clean clear waters.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!