Tuesday 17 October 2017

Another long way home

Coming home from Matakana last Thursday I decided the day was too lovely to waste coping with all the traffic on the highway, so I came home 'over the hill' to Leigh and then carried on the long way home coming via Mangawhai and Langs Beach.  

Mangawhai was in sparkling form making it easy to understand the 'Magical Mangawhai' marketing.   All was quiet down by the estuary.  The tide was running out and the late afternoon lengthening shadows reaching out over the sand.  Although it was school holiday time, the holiday makers had mostly gone for the day. 




Around near the parking lot at the surf beach,  there was a stiff breeze so I didn't linger on any of the seats to enjoy the view, either down the estuary or along the beach.

 


I hoped to get to Langs Cove before the sun was lost for the day.

8 comments:

  1. Much better than a crowded highway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ocean view is always uplifting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always adored that part of the world when I lived in Whangarei ... lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos of the shore taking the long way home. Does not seem to be any surf at the surf beach, but it might have been too cold anyway. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my home town, I miss it so much :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will always regret not having had a good look round New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful area you shared with us Pauline, thank you so much :) The long way home beats heavy traffic every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely! (not feeling the stiff breeze...)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!