Monday 21 August 2017

Sheep on hill

Stand by for lots of sheep photos.  Or turn away if sheep aren't your thing.   I'm the first to admit I'm not a natural sheep lover.  When I worked with them on a daily basis I just didn't have the patience for them, they constantly frustrated me.  Like has happened with a lot of things, I appreciate them more now that I'm older and slower with few time constraints.

A neighbouring farmer occasionally puts his sheep in to graze in the narrow strip of land that leads from the road into the Tangihua Forest which I travel frequently as part of my little part-time job looking after the Tangihua Lions Lodge.  They keep the long grass down on either side of our access road. 


Most of them move off as I approach but there's the odd stubborn old girl (or maybe she's smart.  That's a big maybe) who refuses to budge from her place in the sun unless there's a danger of being run over.

 

 Even I have to admit those lambs are darn cute.




8 comments:

  1. It appears that sheep are the same the world over. Their one ambition in life is to commit suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such idyllic images. The sheep look so happy in their surroundings.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was not to be complimentary, i think, that the Good Book refers to followers of The Almighty as sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought that I would be saying this but I really wish that Lewis was smothered in sheep again. There are few now and the land has gone to wrack and ruin because nothing grazes it. They were also exceptionally tasty being brought up on Lewis croftland. Having said that there are fewer sheep to be hit on the roads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first shot, and I did love the sheep shots, too. I have never had to deal with sheep. Only seen then in passing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the sheep, especially the lambs are very cute. Your photos of them are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do agree that lambs are cute but any experience I have had with sheep it with them being stubborn, not the smartest and escape artists, oh and rams that hunt you down. They do make for nice countryside photos though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing the woolly critters around the countryside! Great captures.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!