Friday 25 August 2017

My Lucky Day

You know how they say things happen in threes?  It's true!  

I thought my day was pretty good when a little bundle of joy arrived for a visit - my nearly one year old great-grand-daughter.  And she didn't cry the minute she saw me, so that was especially good.   My basket of baby toys is rather ancient but her mum was delighted to recognise toys from her childhood and we both laughed when Lexus took a shine to Georgia's old bear, which does rather resemble a pig.  I always thought it was a pig but Georgia insisted it was a bear. Lexus chewed it's nose, just like Georgia used to do.
 



Number two good thing...  my lawn is mowed.  It was disgracefully long and everything doesn't look quite so wet and squishy now that it is trimmed.

Number three came as quite a surprise.  There was a bottle of wine beside my front door this morning.  I don't think it was there when I got home in the dark last night.  Who would have left it there?  And why?  What a delicious mystery! 

I'll go into town later and buy a lotto ticket.

9 comments:

  1. Someone's decided to need a treat, babies and win, all in one week - nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear good things happening. She is a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexus looks adorable and so sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby visit looked to have been most precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling little beauty she is! :)

    As for the wine...that certainly was a lovely surprise! I'm going to have a look outside my door now...who knows? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Lexus delightful? Even I, a mere male, can see that. Did you unravel the wine mystery?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww... She looks like a little philosopher in that second photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie! Sounds like a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!