Friday 23 June 2017

A few from the Wairarapa

I managed to get a few fence shots during this past week while I was in the Wairarapa.

Here are just a few, mostly just ordinary farm fences. The first two are from the car window looking towards those mountains that I loved.



This wonderful creature would never be contained by any fence.  It wasn't all that late in the day but the fog was descending. 


 Fences down an alleyway in Carterton where we stayed.


 Linking to Gosia's Fences around the World.

9 comments:

  1. Farm fences can be beautiful when they are your farm and mean you are home. Very good shots, even the one with the fog descending. Seeing a creature like that rise up out of the fog would be terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about that creature appearing out of the fog. We did a double take, too.

      Delete
  2. I think New Zealand must have some of the most interesting fences in the world. But then I've not really looked critically at fences in many other places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I totally forgot about fences most of the time I was in the UK, Graham. It's a bit hard to forgot them here, even when I don't notice them, they are constantly popping up in my shots.

      Delete
  3. Oh, my, I think these are pretty wonderful...I do love that 3rd shot...specially when expanded. Those first two...oh, how they appeal to me. the air looks so clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The air was beautifully clear, Rose. And cold. Very cold!

      Delete
  4. Loving the shot with the large cow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think New Zealand must have some of the most interesting fences in the world.


    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think New Zealand must have some of the most interesting fences in the world.


    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!