Monday 27 March 2017

It's been a while ..

Yes, it sure has been a day or two since I felt I had the time or energy to blog again.  I had an accident just after Christmas, nothing too serious and my own silly fault.  You'd think I'd know by now to watch where I put my feet when on uneven ground, where a trip could result in a serious tumble down a bank and possibly into a dam.   The knock on the head meant I couldn't focus long enough to prepare a blog post and with only one working arm it would have been difficult anyway.  And sitting did not agree with my broken rib.  

Time, as they say, is a great healer and proved so in this case.  Time and the healing of physiotherapy.  

Just before Christmas I'd been offered the position of manager at the lodge/school camp in the forest next door to where I live. (http://www.thelionslodge.co.nz/) I had been thinking it over, trying to decide whether I had the physical fitness to handle it.   In my knocked about state I convinced myself that when I recovered I'd be as fit as a fiddle.  As it turned out, in my fuzzy head I had a much younger fiddle in mind. 

It's taken me a while to adjust to being so active again, to learn the ropes.  I think I'm right now.  I love the time I get to spend in the bush, the interactions with the teachers and students who come for school camps and the various groups who use the lodge at the weekend.  

Every time I go to the lodge I cherish the moment where I leave the road in to the forest through neighbouring farmland (above), come to the forest boundary and enter the bush.



I just love the times I get to sit quietly by myself, usually while I'm waiting for guests to arrive, and watch the light gently filtering through the trees.


or sitting delicately on a leaf

It's good to be back.  I hope I have time to visit my old blogging friends before too long.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you took a tumble and had some concussion which is nasty stuff to deal with. I hope you make a full recovery. It takes a while to get confidence back. It sounds like you have the confidence back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Pauline! You sure have had a hard time of it! Your fall must have given you a hell of a shock, too...along with the injuries. I'm glad you're now back to your fit self again. It's so simple to lose one's footing...it's one of my fears.

    And, double "Wow!" Your photos, as usual, are brilliant. Take good care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear from you again, and i'm so sorry about the accident! Your new job sounds perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you had an accident but am glad you are recovering from it. My what a road you have to travel on. Such lush scenery.

    If you subscribe to my blog via e-mail for updates you may need to resign up as I recently switched e-mail addresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. I know that I should be more careful as I age. When I am being cautious I try not to think of it as cowardly, but as good instincts telling me to not go there. I can so understand your love the woods. Those tree ferns are very exotic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not good, I do hope you're on the mend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pauline, so sorry to hear you had such a nasty fall! I had missed you here in blogland.
    I had an extremely nasty fall myself just before New Year. It took a long while to recover from most of my injuries, but I still have a knee surgery to repair my right knee. Your new office sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about your accident Pauline. I am glad you have recovered enough for this new challenge and hope that you will take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful to see you back again Pauline. Pat and Anna had been asking after you. It's lovely to see the road into the forest again. I can't believed that it was 2011 when we were up there for the party. So much has happened. It seems so long ago and so far away. Perhaps next year....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had missed this...I am so sorry you had the accident. There are times it is just hard to blog. For a while after Roger's stroke I could not blog, even after he was home. I try to blog now for a bit of sanity...I usually manage a picture at one blog, but the other is really hit or miss. Seems like I have a hard time focusing...

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!