Sunday 30 October 2016

Seeking the mojo

In an effort to rediscover my elusive blogging mojo, I've decided to accept the invitation of Tom, The Backroads Traveller and join The Barn Collective.  Thanks, Tom.  I like old sheds and barns and looking for ones I haven't yet photographed will at least get me looking around me with some interest again.

I've been suffering from mojo depletion which has left me with a very unusual lack of interest in my camera or blogging.  My mojo cup has been down to the dregs and I'm determined to refill it one way or another.  It would appeal to my sense of the ridiculous if a few old sheds did the trick. 


I'm starting with the two old sheds I see whenever I go down the road.  Although, to be honest, I haven't been looking with much interest lately.  I have a feeling this next one which stands on a hill, quite some distance from the road, may have fallen into greater misrepair since I took this shot.  I will stop and have a good look next time I go out.

                

15 comments:

  1. Sheds made with corrugated tin or such. We had one as part of iur barn some 50 yrs ago. Go out and photograph some more. You are doing goos.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pauline for being the first to share barns for the beautiful country of New Zealand. I'm glad that I could help with your mojo! With a camera around my neck I see my world in a different light. Please stop back whenever you can...the welcome mat is always out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always fascinated to see all the different colors of tin used in a barn or a shed. I sometimes get kind of discouraged too, but taking my camera out just looking to see what I can find makes me happy again!
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of some of the old des res on this island! I love your fence and rusty pictures. Pauline - with a lack of mojo - never!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a black bear in that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old barns can make for interesting places to explore, or photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey get that mojo back again. You show rural life as it is and you live in a beautiful area. These old barns contrast with the beautiful countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice old barns! The first one is a cool patchwork of pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting looking sheds, they look like they were patched together at least the first one does. I bet they have an interesting story to tell.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, love the header shot! I bet you would have no idea how much I would just like to be there beside the pond.

    I think I might try blogging again, but not sure how it will go. I joined Tom today. I do so love barns, and sheds and old buildings, and thought I would at least make an attempt to visit the ones that join!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots - I love old barns and sheds too. I've sort of lost interest in blogging lately and just now am beginning to get back to it - not much picture taking lately either - maybe it is an epidemic. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes a new theme can be just the thing to inspire photography/blogging again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That happens now and then to all of us I'm sure. Hope your mojo returns soon. Old barns and sheds do have character and are quite photogenic.
    I did a talk at our camera club about trying to reignite your mojo for photography. You may be interested in what I found out researching the topic. It is here http://loganu3alessonnotes.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/reignite-your-motivation.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. And there certainly are loads of old sheds up north to photograph. If you are ever over Maungaturoto way, ther'es quite a few out there and long Whakapirau/Pahi.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!