Wednesday 17 June 2015

Farm fences

I find it really hard to get decent photos of farm fences.  They are all much the same and not very inspirational.  This is the back fence on the new farm.  On the other side is the Tangihua Forest


No, that cow shouldn't be on the other side of that fence.  She's on the track outside my house.


The fence around a pump-shed beside the creek.


Once dairy cows know the way to the shed they don't need very good fences to keep them going the right way.  They know the fence is there - and they know it could be electric.  That's the Tangihua Forest in the background.



We've had a fair bit of rain this week as this large puddle verifies.


I'm linking to Good Fences which you can find here.

8 comments:

  1. I like the way these are processed. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous landscapes from your corner of the world.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really lovely. Makes me want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Lovely images. I love the cow photos and the last shot is just beautiful. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos! I like the green cast to some of them. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart cows, to know the fence is there, even if it's not so big and prominent. You live in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I kinda like the much maligned barb wire fence. I know it doesn't make a fancy photo though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your fence shots are fine...specially that first one...

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!