Thursday 21 May 2015

Recycle

A little while ago I showed you a few stone fences not far from here.  Driving up north near the Pukete Forest, out the back of Okaihau somewhere, not sure exactly where, we saw a fence based on the same principle but using much, much bigger stone.  These were big rocks, obviously moved from elsewhere around the farm as there were also random rock sculptures made of stacked rocks.  There is one of the far left in this photo.  If you enlarge it, you should be able to see it.   Obviously a farmer with a creative soul.


11 comments:

  1. I didn't know what you meant by large rocks. Now I do. I wonder how they moved these rocks into position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would have noticed if you had pointed it out. I just like the scene as a whole...and love that sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! The palm trees & rocks making it an interesting rural scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took a while but I managed to see it properly eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A creative use of rock, decorative and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen things like that on time team a few years ago, could have been to keep sheep in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They seem to be popular sculptures at the moment I have seen them here in gardens but not that SIZE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely photos! And welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to come and see your original 'recycled' post after reading the latest - there's no comparison really, is there?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!