Tuesday 27 January 2015

Last sunsets of the 60s

I am not old.
I cannot be old, though threescore years and ten have wasted away, 
like a tale that is told, the lives of other men:
I am not old; though friends and foes alike have gone to their graves,
And left me alone to my joys or my woes,
As a rock in the midst of the waves.
Martin Farquhar Tupper

So there ya go.  The sun has set on my 60s.  Any time now I'm likely to be sensible.



I'm happy enough with my age, it's been a lot of fun getting here and I'm certainly happy with the day. 

Yesterday I caught the culprit, or at least one of the culprits, that have been killing my chickens.  Thanks to the SPCA for the trap and to DOC staff for tips on trapping ferral cats.  Last year to celebrate my birthday I went in a boat under the Iguacu Falls in Brasil, this year I trapped a cat.  Can't say my life lacks diversity!

Here are a few of the sights I enjoyed on 'my' day.
 





Who wouldn't be happy?

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday !
    Young at heart 😄
    I do miss the beaches up there...spectacular
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday. It seems that you had a good one. Just don't get too sensible, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've already wished you a Happy 70th Birthday on Facebook BUT why not do so again?!! I do hope you had a lovely day. Judging by those images of the beach, it looks like it was peaceful and picturesque (even if it wasn't Brasil).

    Here's to many more birthdays... and hopefully another meetup one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you! Lovely images and beautiful scenery..

    The Iguacu Falls is on my hubby's wish list.. was it difficult getting there? Did you go on a guided tour?

    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay as you are. Grow old disgracefully. I hope you shot the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. I forgot Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many happy returns of the day to you! Don't get too sensible, it can be boring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Pauline,

    Happy Birthday, hope the girls made you a cake.
    So glad to hear that the cat is gone, long live the chickens.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, happy birthday. You're only as young as you feel. So here's to many more birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy end of sixties Pauline. From the photos you spent a very happy day!

    Yes, you will presumably become sensible now... ha ha, I had a chuckle at that... I used to think sensibleness came during the sixties - but it hasn't happened for me either !! Then again, perhaps it won't happen till much later - hopefully ;D)
    All the best Pauline, a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the club Pauline. May you enjoy lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!