Wednesday 3 December 2014

Waiting

Everywhere I look lately things seem to be waiting.  

 
 Waiting for the festivities

Ducks waiting for food

 Realising the wait will be a long one

 Jumps waiting for horses

I've been in a waiting mood, too, except I know not for what.  

Georgia and I have been working on our Christmas gifts for the family and are all but finished.  Having a few difficulties with an artwork design.  The difficulty being we can't agree.  Last year that would not have been a problem she would have just done what she wanted and it would have been wonderful with its childlike charm.  She's starting to grow up, starting to listen, starting to be influenced by the opinion of others and I'm not sure it's a good thing.  She's not as confident, not as spontaneous, has less flair.  Last year she'd have an idea and any doubts I had about whether we could accomplish it would be simply dismissed, there was no such thing as an obstacle to her creativity.  Now she thinks and thinks and decides whether something can be done or not.  Her world of possibility is shrinking.  Makes me sad.

I've treated myself to an early Christmas present - and made it some PJs. 


6 comments:

  1. Hello Pauline,

    You are good to have done all the Christmas sewing, new pj's are always welcome. Georgia sounds like she really is growing up, it is a pity we can't bottle them and keep them as is.
    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your new pyjamas Pauline. Do hope you all have a lovely Christmas season.
    As always, we're waiting for rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matching ones skill to aspirations is always difficult.
    If she has low aspirations she could always produce a few Jackson Pollocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While i wouldn't want them to not grow up at all, i would love it if they would keep that early enthusiasm.

    Enjoy the new pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barely started my shopping and you make me feel guilty that none of it will be homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh for the days of certainty of youth. How fast they vanish.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!