Sunday 18 May 2014

Footbridge progress

It seems the new footbridge (I showed photos on Friday) is 4 - 6 weeks from completion.  Today, while the businesses along Port Road which back on to the river were deserted,  I strolled around until I found access to the river to get a better look at it.  I guess you could say I trespassed but let's not quibble.   


It was easy to see where the new walkway would go.


I followed it until I could go no further.  Strange!  There didn't look to be any hazards ahead, I wonder why it was closed off?  I could have easily walked up the plank in the first and second photo above and surely that would have been quite dangerous.
 

On the way home I stopped to take a photo of the 'nearly gone' bridge.  How long before the next flood, or the one after that, sweep it away completely I wonder.
 


4 comments:

  1. I am a little surprised that the old bridge is not removed as it could cause flooding if it fell apart in a rush of water. Perhaps that is too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem more dangerous to leave the old bridge to just decay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bridge does lend itself for some nice photography. Great shots.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing the new bridge when it's been completed.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!