Wednesday 28 May 2014

First Frost

There may have already been another frost this year.  If so, I wasn't out of bed in time to catch it.  This morning's must have been a beauty, there was still plenty of evidence when I finally snuck my nose out from under the blankets at 9 am.  Past time for the winter bedclothes methinks.  Pretending winter is not happening is just not working.

 

A bit later when I set out for a walk there was a blue smokey haze across the face of the mountain.


I didn't feel like following the track to walk around the farm, took a shortcut through a paddock instead.  Marvellous what the weather can do for a scene - I even admired the reflection in the effluent pond.

7 comments:

  1. I am following your winter thing with interest! I want to compare it with ours. Right now you just have fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are just so vibrant and clear at this time of year. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful colours and scenery. I congratulate you walking when it is cold. We still have summer temps here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beauty to wake up and see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those mountains. What a spot you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place. Seems so odd to think about you moving into winter as we move into summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous images! The NZ countryside is so beautiful.

    There seems to be a problem with text over your third image. I've refreshed the page a few times but it's not going away.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!