Saturday 10 May 2014

Evening sun

I looked outside as evening approached to see if the rabbits were still in residence around my yard.  Shooting season started while I was away and I thought perhaps the noise had scared them to a more deserted part of the farm.  I saw one and wondered if it really is as smart as it looked to be.  It was in the middle of the hens, I almost didn't notice it, their colouring is so similar (the rabbit and the hens).  Could it really be smart enough to know that no-one would fire a shot at domestic hens?

I then noticed a couple of ducks and three pheasants in the paddock at the back of the house.  They were some distance from me but within range if I were a hunter.  You can only see one pheasant in the shot.  I lost interest in them as the last of the sun settled on a couple of trees further away.  If they are there again tomorrow I will see if I can get closer. 



(Thanks to Adrian, Tabor, Anvil Cloud and Diane who let me know the above two images were missing.  Just another of life's mysteries; there seem to be so many of them when I enter blog land.

I guess the birds will be safe, the cows and calves aren't far away and their presence should keep them safe.

Today was the first day I've felt a touch of winter.  The quickness of the falling darkness confirmed it is here. 


9 comments:

  1. The internet is a wonderful thing. I can sit here enjoying the rain whilst watching the autumnal foliage on your trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunset colours are pretty but I can't see the first two shots there are two blank spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not see the first two but saw the sunsets. Odd. My browser is chrome and maybe I should have opened Firefox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys, for letting me know about the missing photos. I have no idea what happened. Life's mysteries increase greatly when blogging. Hope I've fixed it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty sunset, perhaps it makes up for the early darkness with its majesty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous skies Pauline and lovely photos. I also love your header shot. Stunning picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely light on the trees in the first two, and then the clouds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cloud shots are really evocative of winter. It would have been interesting to see the first two shots.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!