Friday 18 January 2013

FSO - Frozen in time

I used to not like these challenges where I have to think a bit.  I really do like life to be easy with no difficult decisions.  So having to think about the weekly FSO topic is not always welcome because I'm not as creative in my thinking as some others are.  But I've come to realize that my way of thinking is what makes me uniquely ME so what the hell if others don't think the same way?

I started thinking last weekend.  Frozen.  Nah, nothing freezes around here at the worst of times, let along in the height of summer.  So I'm going with the concept that every photograph is the freezing in time of something.  And I set about trying to capture just one second, frozen in time, a few special moments.

Don't ask me why anyone would want to drop a strawberry into a jug of water....strawberries are plentiful, and cheap... and I can eat them after I've finished playing with them; water is my latest obsession;  it was hot, and cooling to play with water.  I could go on.   


 

These aren't as sharp and crisp as I would have liked, but other than that I more or less achieved (a bit more than less) what I set out to do and I'm chuffed.  I'll savour this moment ... freeze it in time!

I'll be away this weekend but will catch up with all the participants as soon as I can.  They will be here.

16 comments:

  1. I love the idea that,"...that every photograph is the freezing in time of something." It's true and so, these are perfect "frozen" photos. We who take photos and look at everything through a lens are always freezing life. It doesn't have to be snow or icicles. It is life... frozen in time.
    Good post and I love the photos. Save me some strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried to shoot splashes. These are good for no flash ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very pretty. some people may a fruit or floral ring,

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first glance at your pictures (before reading) I thought you'd taken it a step further and put the jug in the freezer... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that first one - kind of makes you take pause to realize what you're looking at. Great 'frozen' motion shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right. This should have been the easiest FSO of all because every photo is a frozen moment, absolutely. That strawberry looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on this week's theme! It's not an easy task but do-able with lots of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you think! Your strawberry photos are cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for you realising that your way of thinking is what makes you YOU! And hooray for your photos, too, Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a creative take on the theme and you can recycle the strawberries afterward. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You say that you don't necessarily want to think about FSO topics. The ideas you produce are , so far as I can tell, original, natural and good photography. So it comes down the fact that this is all natural to you. I've always said that you had natural talent with people so now I can extend that to ideas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea!! I think the result is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. chuffed? now that must be a word frozen in time. and yes the idea of the photos is just as creative as many I've seen...
    Had to look up your word: 1. chuffed. To be very pleased, proud or happy with yourself. I just scored free tickets to the gig, I'm well chuffed!
    Sounds VERY British.
    yes Savor the moments.... all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This bunch of folks are getting too good for me. All marvelous photos. I loved the interpretation you gave it and yes as GB says you are a natural at this.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that is very creative. I LOVE it! Thanks for being you and not worrying about other's interpretation. If you try this with seltzer water....you'll love the results. All the little bubbles make it delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maybe you inspired a new theme with this....I'm thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!