Friday 31 August 2012

FSO–Black and White


I set my camera for black and white before I left for my walk last Sunday.  I was headed for the old haybarn, a couple of hundred metres from my house.  


You wouldn't believe how long it took me to get there.  To start with I had to pick my way along a very muddy track but it wasn't that which took up the time.  It was the distractions, the numerous things that had to be looked at closer, snapped from this angle and that in case they had the black and white "it" factor.  I hadn't even left the paddock before I discovered potential subjects.  This is the far corner of my back yard, seen from outside the fence.


There were bits and pieces here and there.  Wire against a pallet:


An electric fence reel laying on the ground:


All sorts of things:


My path took me past the cowshed, a veritable feast of distractions.  I can't count how many shots I took, everything is pretty well black and white there anyway.  I've had such a hard time deciding which shots to use.  Inside:


or outside?  Why not both?


Then there was the old loading ramp:


beside Jack's kennel.  Even Jack was not spared.  Not impressed.  He's pretty hard to impress is Jack.


Right, we are getting closer to that old barn, just the old pigsty to look at first:


and the silage stack, the cover held neatly in place with all those old tyres:


Finally, the haybarn:




With its big round bales of hay:


Just one more, the trees at the back of the barn.


I've been in black and white mode all week, too.  It's quite addictive I find.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the team has to share this week!  They will be here.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Pauline,

    Great shots, amazing how different things are in Black and White. Love the photo of the fencing wire.

    Pauline I have to smile to myself that you have no Green in this post!!!!

    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last shot. Some pictures look better in colour and some in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wholesome goodness in abundance. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at your town, such a contrast from my city life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos look really good in black and white. My problem is I haven't been in b&w kind of mood at all. I tried it one day but it got me depressed so I turned colour back on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive shots! Happy weekend!


    Thanks for the visit I do appreciate it...Kim, USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, all. The one that I stopped at for a bit to breathe in is the fenceline leading into the trees. Really fun shots, Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. first how great that your camera has a B&W setting. mine does not. No comments gave a clear idea of which of yours is a favorite so I had to make the choise myself. and you made it hard on me. I enjoyed your newer post as well. nice walk Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh...the old haybarn...in fact all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm catching up after my holiday. I never cease to be surprised when looking at things in black and white what a different perspective we can get of very ordinary things. It reminds me that my Dad told me as a child that one of the most important things in b&w photography was texture. You have demonstrated that and brought it back into my mind.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!