Friday 23 September 2011

FSO - Sepia or Black and White

"Show us your town or your part of the world in Sepia Tone or Black and White."

 This was part of my world as a child, before the days of colour photography even - threshing corn on my grandparents farm.
 

Black and white creatures in black and white.  This is Sammy, my grand-daughers' dog having a rest on my front deck while he waits for the school bus to come.
 

The next few I posted a couple of weeks ago - black and white cows feasting at the feed bins:


and where they go to be milked:

Finally, more pampas grass in sepia tone:

 Pop over here to see black and white and sepia toned photography from the rest of the team.

15 comments:

  1. A lovely set. The first and last are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last one, and your header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely collection of black and white photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the dog the most, the cows second and the sepia grass 3rd, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful photos. Farms and old photos are awesome to look and reminisce. Thanks for sharing.

    FMTSO

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last one is fabulous. My favorite. Great post for the theme.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really exquisite, Pauline. Starting with the first one that pre-dated color and had great sense of history and ending with what has to be my favorite as well - the sepia wheat. Although I think it is tied with the pattern of all the cows heads feeding. As wel as their rumps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. all! But I LOVE the grass in sepia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cow photos are fascinating to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pauline! I can never get enough of farm photos. It's the first day of fall here in Canada and the weather is leaving no doubt about it - it's raining and windy. Have a great weekend! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them all...even the cow butts :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the color, and I can feel the wind blowing through my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all those...I have this strange fascination with cows...I just love them. Sammy...I used to have a dog that looked very similar to him, how odd.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the childhood shot Pauline. great memories for you. the cows feasting is an interesting shot. they must be very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sepia suits that last shot. Looking back in old photo albums I'm glad the early ones are black and white because much of my teen years seem to be fading off... if they stop at a blurred sepia I'll be lucky...!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!