Friday 2 September 2011

FSO - Human Labour

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.

Here on the farm the apprentices starts their learning young.  As anyone who has trained an apprentice knows, it is not easy the first time the apprentice tries a new task. 

The easy relaxation before the task is undertaken:

Can turn to apprehension as the learner undertakes the new task:

Sometimes the master just has to look away and hope for the apprentice has listened carefully to the instructions.
When the task of the day has been mastered its time to build relationships with the other farm apprentice:

Meanwhile, the other senior farm worker is hard at work.  Don't know how I achieved the weird effect in this shot, I think I moved rather quickly when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a tail lift.  But I like it.  I think it adds a soft and almost romantic touch to a job that is certainly far from either.


The FSO topic today is Human Labour.  Pop over here to see the interpretations of the rest of the team on  this topic; they are bound to be many and varied. 

12 comments:

  1. The last is great......you have given me the germ of an idea. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good collection of photos of the farm, I just love seeing photos of farms and what's going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the glimpse of the farm life that you refer to so often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is so much work in this world that I really know very little about... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They certainly start young in the farm. You want an apprentice for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on the last shot, i like the blur, i find that sometimes a blur is better than sharp and clear, like this one. great labor post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like these photos. And the last photo I like to try that one. ^_^

    Human Labor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aha! The apprenticeship stage of work! Wonderful concept well executed. And I love the way the expression goes from smiling to serious. Grat shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Farm work is never done. Love your take on labor. Those shots of the apprentice hard at it are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have a different take on things. The last photo, of Heather, is a new take in a different sense of the word!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry for being so late. I like the effect on the last shot also. farming is a hard job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed this post very much, Pauline! Your young apprentice will be a great helper one day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!