Saturday 24 September 2011

And a few more

The more photos I take in black and white, the more I am convinced that it is the best way to capture images around the cow shed at milking time.   As I set out to walk to the shed with my younger son I realized the battery light on the camera was flashing so wasn't hopeful of getting any shots at all, but they held out long enough for three clicks.


I can see the same two cows in the shot above, still keeping an eye in me.

Inside the shed, my older son had the milking underway.

My younger son is home from Brasil to celebrate his 40th birthday and to take part in the Rugby World Cup festivities.  I was so content just being in his company when he was here that it didn't dawn on me to take any photos of him.  I must do better at his party next Saturday night. 

8 comments:

  1. B&W works for me too.
    It must be a fortnight since your last party. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bw :) I like the first shot - eye in eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way everything falls away when our children come home from afar. Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pauline,

    Enjoy the time with your son. It is funny how the second photo makes me think it is very cold. So everthing is not black and white!!
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cows are perfect subjects for black and white. moooooooving seeing them here. I love cows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milk, milk and milk, I could drink it. Don't forget, to take photos of your son, he does deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog. We should keep in touch. I really love these photos. I am partial to black and white. Takes me back to my old newspaper days when all I shot was black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again...I love cows!! The cow on the left appears too have an angel between his eyes. OK, that may be stretching it a bit...but I see it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!