Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The littlest visitor

Yesterday 6 week old, Aiden came for his first visit to the farm.  What a wonderful distraction a little baby is!

6weeks5

It’s been 17 years since I had a grandson and I’m as dotty about this one as I was about the first. 

6 weeks3

His big cousins are as besotted as I am:

6weeks6

One thing we know about him already is he loves it when someone reads to him.  He looked at Georgia intently as she read her homework book to him:

6 weeks

He smiled at the bits he obviously thought sounded funny:

6weeks2

And looked at the pictures when Georgia held up the book to show them to him.

6weeks1

And, of course, he loves his granny:

6weeks4

This is the sight that met me when I came out to the living room this morning.

14 Mar 2011

That’s when a house feels like a home.

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful set of photos, Pauline. You really do have the right touch when it comes to photographing people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pauline - you have the most beautiful family. You are so lucky to have them all close by for you to enjoy. The pictures are just georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is gorgeous - irresistible, really! It's good to see everyone enjoying him so much - just as it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. That set of "reading" pictures really made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wee precious bairn, he's delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo of the two hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures!!! My mom would be sooooo Jealous!!!

    thanks for sharing
    leontien

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Pauline,

    A truly great homely post. Looks like Aiden is going to be a book lover.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous baby! And beautiful family. I love how the cousins have gathered around him and are spoiling him with love. It must be lovely to have them home with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!