Today I remembered that back on 22 January my blog received an award. At the time I had visitors and was anxiously awaiting the birth of my grandson. I was so surprised and felt so honoured, how could I have forgotten?Thank you, Doreen at My Reflections as I Shutter Along, I feel like I’ve been acknowledged by blogging royalty. It gives me a little tingle to be chosen by such a fantastic blogger.
There are four steps to follow that go along with the award.
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award. (will do)
So here we go. I will do my best to share 7 things about myself. Although I don’t promise that they are interesting – no-one said they had to be, did they?
1. My most recent news first – last Monday morning, not long after mid-night my second grandson, Aiden was born. So now I had half a dozen grandchildren.
2. My family is all important to me. I am the oldest of an even dozen children and have two dozen nieces and nephews and more than a dozen great nieces and nephews (I think it is 15)
3. I am not comfortable in cities or crowds. I prefer peaceful, remote places and when time permits always choose the road less travelled.
4. My passion for writing has been superseded by my passion for photography – and I WILL get better at it.
5. I’ve just learned that supersede is not spelt supercede. Once upon a time I prided myself on being good at spelling. I am nit-picky about grammar.
6. Creating a garden from a bare block of land has given me a pleasure I didn’t know existed. I call it my Barely Contained Wilderness.
7. After a lifetime working on being more patient, more tolerant, I realize I have been totally unsuccessful. Just recently I amused my brother by swearing at a machine that talked at me.
I haven’t been in blogland all that much lately so don’t have 15 recently discovered bloggers, so I choose 15 of my favourites. I won’t list the ones Doreen chose, as we have a couple in common.
I’m going to put my grand-daughter Shayde at the top of the list. I gave Shayde a little camera for Christmas and she is becoming an avid photographer and we are currently setting up a blog for her to post her efforts. There’s nothing there yet but if anyone would like to come back in a week or so and give her a little word of encouragement, that would be great.
Charlotte – this is my journalist niece Charlotte who has recently visited me.
And, in alphabetical order, because there’s no way I could prioritise them. Some I follow for their writing, some for their photography, some because they amuse me, others because I feel a connection with how they express themselves:
And one more favourite who I am pretty sure does not accept awards – Adrian’s Images
Now I’m going to sit with my knitting (for Aiden, of course) and watch the Wellington Rugby Sevens, a spectacular party in a football stadium – oh, and there is football, too.