Sunday 12 September 2010

Jay's bone carvings

Jay is a bone carver and musician.  His works sell the minute they hit the shop shelf.  So there weren't many pieces for me to photograph when I visited him.   To me, the visual beauty of his work is  almost surpassed by the joy they are to touch, to stroke.  They are a delight for the senses.





This last one was my favourite.  When I had all four pieces in my hand my fingers kept going back to it, even when I wasn't aware of what my fingers were doing.  I couldn't explain it then, and still can't.  It was as if it had a vibration, a life force.  There was a depth to it. I was so disappointed with this next photo.  I wanted to capture and perhaps be able to retain, how its touch had soothed me.

5 comments:

  1. They are lovely pieces, Pauline, and nice sepia photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your words can I use these too On Jays page on our website which is under construction

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's quite amazing how something like that can speak to us. But it so often happens. I'm very pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely carvings Pauline, did you buy one?
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the first one is my favourite - such flowing lines.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!