Friday 16 April 2010

Something that makes me smile

Kerry from Corvallis, Oregon has chosen this weeks topic.  She said, "Look through photos from your town and pick out JUST ONE that brings a smile to your face. Share it with us; tell us about the picture and make us smile too."  Easier said than done, I'm afraid.  Things I think are hilarious are often viewed quite seriously by others but here we go.

Nothing brings a smile to my face quicker than the laughter of children. 


Ticklish kisses

Can you hear it?  Listen closely. There it is again!

Laughter.  Innocence.   A fresh slate.
Can you hear it, see it?
         It is the children.
         The innocent, who shall inherit the Earth.

We were once children you know.
         Laughing, playing,
         Enjoying life with not a care in the world.
         Where did it all go?

         Is it wrong to dream of those earlier years?
         Is it wrong to laugh and play with not a care in the world?

 Oh, how I sometimes long for those times again.
         To play again.  To laugh again.
         To be innocent again.
         To enjoy each day for what it is. 

from a poem by Greg O Bacon

To see what has made the rest of the FSO team smile just go here.

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo and I love the poem too. I agree there is nothing better than children and animals to make one smile and chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I managed to look a few blogs this afternoon and can see a theme -- or maybe it is the fact that happy children make us smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the poem is so true!! always be a kid, what could be better? she is a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect illustration for the week's most perfect poem. Indeed, this did make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous little girl , with captivating smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! I love this, and what a great photo shot!

    I never liked animal kisses, since I did not grow up with them, but I do appreciate them in photos such as these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you have captured that smile so so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think children must top our list. Who is this pretty girl. Looks like the children in my school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laughter of children and doggie kisses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent choice of a poem to accompany that beautiful photo. FSO is really making me feel good this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pauline this is wonderful. your granddaughters always a delight. the poem fits perfectly. I would like the dream and the laughter of youth without the innocence - I do like my knowledge of the world. Have a great weekend. I am on my way home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this photo is lovely! I love that smile. Happy weekend!

    FTSO~Makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a -great- photo! Makes me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, to be like a child again!

    Love the shot, love the poem!

    Dogs and children make me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the poem...and the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wholeheartedly agree the laughter of children is priceless. In fact laughter itself is a great gift to us. I love the poem too.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. she's so pretty and looking at the photo of her with the dog licking her ear makes me chuckles. it tinkles me too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a beautiful photo, Pauline. But

    Oh, how I sometimes long for those times again.
    To play again. To laugh again.
    To be innocent again.
    To enjoy each day for what it is.

    That is so so sad. To long for that. I am so glad that I have that now. Much more than when I was a child. I was far too serious then.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!