Sunday 14 February 2010

Whangaroa Harbour

Here's a traveller's tip!

If, while driving along the banks of a pretty harbour, you spy some sort of shell fish farming and you decide to pull over for a better view......do not pull into the little layby that the oyster farmers use to store their old nets.  I think this was the briefest stop of our trip!!  Old oyster shells and the hot sun are not a good mix.


I don't know anything about oyster farming so have no idea what the little floating shed is used for.

 

I liked the little general store perched above the rocks of the harbour.

  

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more about the oyster shells and hot sun!

    I love the middle picture - it represents what was there so well ie the perfect symmetry of the rows and rows of the farm filling the bay. I didn't manage to capture that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline, you have done a great job with composition in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!