Sunday 27 December 2009

Let's go fly a kite



My son-in-law Bill went to a lot of trouble to make a kite for his beloved for Christmas. And they got an opportunity to play with it a bit sooner than anticipated mid morning on Christmas Day when my other daughter rang to say she and her family had not yet left home, the car wasn't sharing their enthusiasm for the trip north.

I'm not wanting to torture those of you in the northern hemisphere (well, not much!) but it was lovely and warm on Friday, with just the faintest hint of a breeze. What better to do with time to fill on Christmas Day than go fly a kite.

After a quick debate about the direction of the available breeze we headed off to a little hill. Occasionally a little breeze would spring up and Bill nearly got the kite to fly:


Krystal's kite from last Christmas couldn't really get airborne either.


But we had some fun and enjoyed the glorious weather. And I stopped and looked at some things I usually pass on by without noticing:

the new growth on the trees


tiny flowers amongst the grass


even a dead thistle looked beautiful

3 comments:

  1. Can live with it Pauline, soon be summer here then the boot will be on the other foot. HO! HO! HO! as we say at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying kites on Christmas....you would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made me want to get my kite out but although there's not a cloud in the sky this morning there's a very very strong wind (gales further South) but I may be tempted when the wind lessens.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!