Wednesday 9 September 2009

A job with perks

Thanks to having a job with "perks" (for the first time ever), I think I'm too relaxed to do a post. I've never had a job before where there were benefits. The benefits in this instance require a certain amount of trust, but I've always been a bit naive and gullible so no probs there.

Among the things taught at the technical institute where I work is massage. Final term massage students recently put out a call for what I call "Victims" (people to be case studies). The background of everyone who volunteered was put to the students and they were allowed to choose their case studies. Lucky for me, a lovely young lady named Kim chose me as her victim. So I get 10 free massages for agreeing to present my body to her for 10 treatments.

This afternoon I had my second massage from Kim. After last night's exercise class I had a nice groin strain to tell her about - and my right forearm continues to bother me. Well, it did earlier today. Right now, I feel no pain, I just feel totally indulged.

I'm thinking about letting the hairdressing students do their thing with my hair next week. You'd think I'd be more concerned about the damage a massage student could do, but, no, the thought of how bad could it be with a dud hairdressing student is a lot more disconcerting. But my darling oldest daughter was once a hairdressing student and if others hadn't trusted her she would never have been the successful hairdresser she became so we'll see what happens.....

Will keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. Wow 10 free massages sounds marvelous ...I would also be much more worried about an L plate hair cut/do!! haha.... Isn't vanity a funny thing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did the massage feel good? I've never had a professional massage before. Well, at least if the hairdresser messes up your hair, it will always grow back, and until it does you can hide flaws with a wig and/or a hat. But who knows, you might get an amazing new doo and look years younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! And what a great opportunity for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Pauline, after a day in the garden I'd happily accept a massage. I don't think anyone would choose me as a victim for hairdressing practice. I suspect that a basic requirement is a decent head of hair!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!