Thursday 23 July 2009

Friday My Town Shoot Out - Reflections



Thanks to Audrey for choosing Reflections as this week's theme.

I got off to a rocky start when I set out with my camera and my little grand-daughter last weekend. There'd been a storm overnight. We found lots of fast flowing, murky flood water.





A young bull keeping himself company


Lots of puddles in the paddocks

Then a puddle in the middle of the metal road:

A bit spooky - looks more like a ghost reflection

Gave up for the day, then Georgia drew my attention to her reflection in the car window.



On Tuesday after work I ventured down to the Whangarei Town Basin and, wouldn't you know it, it was windy!



I walked and snapped and walked and snapped, until finally I came to a relatively calm reach in the river




and what I was looking for, a mast shot.

Back at the car park I noticed dark clouds forming, firstly in the back window of the car parked beside me.



Checked in the side window - gotta love those dark tinted windows!



However, there was no rain and that evening the sky was a pretty, soft blue with lots of wispy cloud. I'd given up on reflections by then and went to photograph the sky. To my surprise, at my friend's house, this was the sight in her kitchen window.


I like how the little lights strung along the top of the window inside
look to be sitting along the top of the trees.

On a nicer day I tried the beach:

one bird

two birds

I'm including this last shot just because I like it


A pretty window

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I like that last shot too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too ..have a lovely weekend. Georgia is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the shot of the bull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What fantastic shots you got! I LOVE the one of your granddaughter reflected in the car window. Also, the mast and the window. But everyone of them is fantastic. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent shoot out this week, lucky for you the rain and the wind, both gave more character to you photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mast shot is very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. many cool reflection shots. I like the bull shot and the last one the best. great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My admiration, I give. You did a terrific job with the theme. Very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great job you did on reflections!

    I love them all. You certainly have a beautiful area to pick and choose your subjects from.

    My favorites: the last boat shot and the window shots.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!